The Goodbye Girl (Red Market, #2) by Mary E. Palmerin & A. Giannoccaro
Publication Date: April 18, 2016
The Red Market is where every pound of flesh has a price tag tacked onto it. It is a place where money can buy you everything, even a heart.
Caesar has fallen and a new boss, Mateo, has risen; but he has lost his Lettie Doll and he doesn’t know where to find her. She stole his soul and now he must find someone to replace her. Just like her love, his new power is an illusion. The real force behind the Red Market is about to show her cards and no one wants to play her game.
Mateo and Lettie will both have to fight to find their love, but sometimes it is only found in death. You cannot go through life unnoticed by demise when you play with it every day. Sooner or later, it catches up with you and you lose.
**Graphic content warning. Taboo, violent themes prevalent throughout. Reader discretion is highly advised.***
REVIEW BY ALEXA
First make sure you’ve read the warning from the author before deciding to read this book. Twice!!! Even It has been seven months from the first book and I still couldn’t move on from nightmares and tension created by Mary and Ashleigh. So, what will you get from this second book that will surely challenge your limits?
- Multiple POV. This book will give you much more than the first book. The shifting between POV was smooth, continuous and didn’t contain scene repetition from the previous.
- Strong character, memorable and complicated. The power from this both author is how they give a breath for imperfect character who use their own skin for hiding. Hide from their darkest mind. There were some mysterious characters from book #1 made appearance.
- Dramatic plot and full of surprises. This book give a roller coaster ride with non-stop twist for angst lover.
- Mixed feeling. This dark duo will play with your nightmares, force to think, and face your fears which you wouldn’t find it with other books.
- Beautiful happy ending, yet still controversial.
ARC received from authors for exchange with my honest review
On Sale for only 99¢!!
Dysfunctional empires were made to fall.
I am Caesar. Broken and conflicted. I am a man who gives false goodness to those who crave it. I provide solace to the ones who beg to be saved, giving them the goodbyes they want. But, my quiet little world is about to be shattered by the whispers from heaven and hell.
I am Mateo. Unlovable and unworthy. I am the boy everyone runs from. I keep love close to me in little jars of perfection, reminding me of a thousand goodbyes I never had to say, because I left them before they could leave me.
I am Svetlana. Dirty and Used. Birthed into brutality while still trying to comprehend my version of normal. I am an injured lamb, eaten by filthy wolves day after day. Just as salvation seems like it’s within reach, a goodbye from this awful world is all that I wish for.